Since 1984, the Rochester District Golf Association and the RDGA Foundation, Inc. have awarded scholarships annually to assist students in financing their college/university undergraduate educations. Scholarship recipients are limited to receiving a maximum of one award.
Who is Eligible?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Applicants must be legal residents of the State of New York in one of the following counties served by the Rochester District Golf Association: Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Steuben, Wayne and Yates.
2. Applicants must have been accepted for admission as, or already be enrolled as, a full-time student in an undergraduate program at an accredited college/university.
Preference will be given, but not limited, to applicants enrolled in golf-related fields of study, such as Agronomy, Turf Management, Professional Golf Management, etc.
Applicants may be interviewed and selected on the following criteria:
- Academic Record [High School/College Transcript(s)]
- Demonstrated Financial Need
- Citizenship / Outstanding Character
- Community Activities/Involvement
- High School/College Activities
- Evidence of Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills
- Golf/Sports Involvement and Participation
To be considered for a scholarship, the applicant must submit a completed application along with the following information to the RDGA Foundation office by May 15th.
- Applications may be obtained from the RDGA website (www.RDGA.org) or the RDGA Office, (585) 292-5950.
- A transcript of the applicant's secondary school record including ACT/SAT scores.
- Transcripts from all college work completed since high school are required.
- A copy of the electronic student aid report (SAR) page 1, from the FAFSA.gov website. Applicant must have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to copy the SAR.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from someone other than a parent or relative (counselor, coach, employer, community member, club member, etc.) who knows the applicant.
The RDGA Foundation will only review completed applications containing all required information. Interviews with the Scholarship Committee may be scheduled for May - June.
Confidentiality: All information received by the RDGA Foundation will be held in strict confidence and used solely for the selection of scholarship recipients.
All applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
RDGA Foundation, Inc.
2024 West Henrietta Rd. Suite 5H
Rochester, NY 14623