- JIM SCORSE (Stafford CC). The long-time Stafford Country Club member captured his fifth RDGA District Championship, defeating Jeff March of Irondequoit Country Club on the third hole of a sudden death playoff at Locust Hill Country Club. The victory came on the same course where he won his first RDGA title in 2001.
- JIM SCORSE (Stafford CC). The final match of the 2017 RDGA Match Play Championship promised an epic tilt, featuring 14-time RDGA Player of the Year Scorse vs. 2-time Player of the Year Adam Condello of Locust Hill - and it didn't disappoint. Coming down to the 18th hole, Scorse held on to a 1-up advantage to win his 8th Match Play title.
- STUART HARRIS (Locust Hill CC). Locust Hill Country Club's Harris - in his first year competing in the Seniors bracket - breezed through the competition, defeating Oak Hill's Brad McAreavy in the final match to claim his first RDGA title of any kind. Harris later added the RDGA Senior Championship title to complete the "Senior Sweep."
- TIM SAUR (Oak Hill CC). Another first-time RDGA champion, Saur capitalized on a first round score of 4-under-par 68 to hold on for a four-shot victory as daylight gave way to dusk in the rain-delayed final round, winning the Mid Amateur Championship title over co-runners-up Ken Starkweather and Jon Pecor.
- OVERALL: STUART HARRIS (Locust Hill CC)
- Senior (ages 55 to 59): Stuart Harris (Locust Hill CC)
- Super Senior (ages 60-64): Jim Burns (Canandaigua CC)
- Masters (ages 65-69): Matt Haefele (Stafford CC)
- Legends (ages 70-plus): William Robischon (Oak Hill CC)
- Boys Junior: JEREMY SUMMERSON (Cobblestone Creek CC)
- Girls Junior: LENA KAUFMAN (Oak Hill CC)
- Boys Sub-Junior: GRAHAM GAENZLE (CC of Rochester)
- Girls Sub-Junior: MICHAELA EICHAS (Churchville GC)
- Boys Pee Wee: GEORGE GREEN (Ridgemont CC)
- Girls Pee Wee: JULIA ZIGROSSI (Ridgemont CC)
The three-day Junior, Sub-Junior and Pee Wee Championships featured six sepatate competitions - including individual championships for Junior (ages 15 to 18), Sub-Junior (12 to 14) and Pee Wee (7 to 11) divisions for both boys and girls. This year's competitions resulted in three first-time winners - Summerson in the Boys Junior, Eichas in the Girls Sub Junior and Green in the Boys Pee Wee - and three repeat defending champions - Kaufman in the Girls Junior, Gaenzle in the Boys Sub Junior and Zigrossi in the Girls Pee Wee.
CLICK HERE for final results from the 2017 RDGA Junior Championship, including photos and interviews!