Members of the Rochester District Golf Association have many exciting tournament options in the year ahead with the release of the official 2017 RDGA Tournament Schedule on January 1.
And, to go along with the complete list of tournaments and competitions for the coming year, registration for tournaments is available right now! CLICK HERE to visit the RDGA tournament information page.
Highlights of the 2017 RDGA Tournament Schedule include:
- The RDGA’s flagship event, the District Championship for men, women and senior women returns to Locust Hill Country Club - the longtime host of the LPGA in Rochester - on July 12-15, 2017, for the 10th time in the history of the Championship and the first time since 2001.
- The RDGA Senior Championships will be hosted by the historic Country Club of Rochester on August 29 and 30, 2017 - featuring a two-day, 36-hole stroke-play tournament and winners in four separate age flights as well as an overall champion.
- The RDGA Match Play Championship is being hosted by Clifton Springs Country Club on May 26-28, 2017, and will include both Men's and Senior Divisions for pre-qualified players, based on tournament points earned last season.
- The RDGA Mid Amateur Championship, for male golfers ages 25 and above, visits Cobblestone Creek Country Club - past host of both the Ryan Memorial District Championship and the RDGA Match Play Championship - on August 11 and 12, 2017.
- The popular RDGA Women's Open, celebrating women's golf in Rochester, will by hosted by Irondequoit Country Club on September 11, 2017.
- The RDGA Women's Handicapped Team Scramble - the only 4-person team event on the RDGA schedule - also returns for its second year, scheduled for July 30 and hosted by the beautiful Reservoir Creek Country Club in Naples.
- The 2017 RDGA Junior Tournament schedule - including medal events for Boys and Girls Juniors (15-17), Sub-Juniors (12-14) and Pee Wees (7-11) - leads up to the RDGA Junior Championships at Mill Creek Golf Club on July 31 through August 2.
- A number of non-championship events are also featured in 2017, led by the annual RDGA Play Day schedule (for men and women of all handicaps), with events planned for Penfield Country Club, Brook-Lea Country Club and Irondequoit Country Club. Also on the schedule are the annual Two-Person Scramble (Mill Creek Golf Club) and the Two-Person Four Ball (Wayne Hills Country Club).
Stay tuned for additional tournament announcements in the coming weeks, including Junior Medal Events, RDGA Championship Qualifiers, Play Days - and the second annual Women's Handicapped Team Scramble!
Click on each tournament above for more info - including how to register online - or CLICK HERE to view the RDGA Tournament Schedule for 2017.
We look forward to seeing everyone out on the
golf course throughout the 2017 season!